Wednesday, February 4, 2009

50,000 visits!

Just thought I'd note that the Fruit Blog scored it's 50,000th visitor today! (Or actually, it's 50,000th visit--I'm sure 10,000 of those are just me, over and over again, but I'm not going to quibble). Interestingly, the counter at the bottom doesn't register it...that thing has been out of whack with the internal numbers for a while. I should probably get rid of it, but I've gotten used to looking at it.

If you'd told me in 2005, when I started this thing, that I'd ever hit 50,000 visitors, I'd have laughed. That there's so many of you that want to read me random fruit-ramblings is both amazing and encouraging, and gives me hope that maybe I'm not quite as insane as some of my friends make me out to be.

I kind of feel like some sort of critical mass was accomplished in the last month or so--things seem to have really picked up in terms of traffic here.

Anyway, thanks again for showing up, and for all the contributions readers have made in comments and e-mails. See you at 100,000!